Day 29 - Courage and Honesty
Fear is the Enemy of Fullness
It's easy for us on our path of growth to feel overwhelmed. We can fall into the trap of comparing our current state with our ideal state and struggling to find how we are ever going to cross the chasm that exists between the two.
That is where fear starts creeping in. Fear that tells us we are not good enough. Fear that tells us we should already be farther along. Fear that tells us we will be alone on our path and that at the end of the day we may find we just didn't have what it takes. Fear that encourages us to lie, even to ourselves.
When you find yourself falling into patterns of fear gently and courageously (because it takes courage to trust the process of life) bring yourself back to the present moment. Everything that you need to take the next step is right in front of you. Enough for today is the work of today. When we learn to trust the process, and focus on progress over perfection, we are able to move beyond fear into a place of growth.
What is an area of your life that you are struggling in? What is one small step you can make in that area - focusing on progress rather than perfection?
Doing and Being Modules
- 1. Day 1 - Your Why
- 2. Day 2 - Formula for Fullness
- 3. Day 3 - Focus Isn't Enough
- 4. Day 4 - A System of Life
- 5. Day 5 - What's On Your Table?
- 6. Day 6 - A Deeper Why
- 7. Day 7 - The Path to Simplicity
- 8. Day 8 - Embracing Honesty
- 9. Day 9 - Redefining Success
- 10. Day 10 - Doing from Home
- 11. Day 11 - Gratitude
- 12. Day 12 - Simplicity
- 13. Day 13 - Intentionality
- 14. Day 14 - Order
- 15. Day 15 - Generosity
- 16. Day 16 - Relationships
- 17. Day 17 - Reflection
- 18. Day 18 - Presence
- 19. Day 19 - Balance
- 20. Day 20 - Transcendence
- 21. Day 21 - Start, Stop, Continue
- 22. Day 22 - To Do List (Master)
- 23. Day 23 - Warren Buffett Exercise
- 24. Day 24 - Goal/Project Assessment
- 25. Day 25 - Master Timeline
- 26. Day 26 - Time Review
- 27. Day 27 - Environmental Assessment
- 28. Day 28 - Fear vs Love
- 29. Day 29 - Courage and Honesty
- 30. Day 30 - Trust the Process