Day 4 - A System of Life
While we all have systems of life, monks have a unique system that focuses on fostering the ideal conditions for the growth of awareness and wisdom.
We may not be able to port over the exact form of monk’s system of life, but we can port over its function. We do this through the intentional practice of preparation, action, and reflection in our daily lives.
This seemingly simple three step process holds the key to authentic productivity as it offers us the ability to apply wisdom, in real time, to our lives. And this wisdom allows us to see and act on the most important things in our life, and through this action to experience a deeper sense of fullness and being.
Can you think of any projects, endeavors, or goals you've focused on in the past that you realized midstream or after the fact that it wasn’t actually worth focusing on? What changed for you? What led to this realization?
If you have a hard time thinking of something specific use the following prompts.
- Physical goals that may have been misguided.
- Professional goals that may have been misguided.
- Relationship goals that may have been misguided.
- Spiritual goals that may have been misguided.
- 1. Day 1 - Your Why
- 2. Day 2 - Formula for Fullness
- 3. Day 3 - Focus Isn't Enough
- 4. Day 4 - A System of Life
- 5. Day 5 - What's On Your Table?
- 6. Day 6 - A Deeper Why
- 7. Day 7 - The Path to Simplicity
- 8. Day 8 - Embracing Honesty
- 9. Day 9 - Redefining Success
- 10. Day 10 - Doing from Home
- 11. Day 11 - Gratitude
- 12. Day 12 - Simplicity
- 13. Day 13 - Intentionality
- 14. Day 14 - Order
- 15. Day 15 - Generosity
- 16. Day 16 - Relationships
- 17. Day 17 - Reflection
- 18. Day 18 - Presence
- 19. Day 19 - Balance
- 20. Day 20 - Transcendence
- 21. Day 21 - Start, Stop, Continue
- 22. Day 22 - To Do List (Master)
- 23. Day 23 - Warren Buffett Exercise
- 24. Day 24 - Goal/Project Assessment
- 25. Day 25 - Master Timeline
- 26. Day 26 - Time Review
- 27. Day 27 - Environmental Assessment
- 28. Day 28 - Fear vs Love
- 29. Day 29 - Courage and Honesty
- 30. Day 30 - Trust the Process
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.selection_help