Day 10 - Doing from Home
What Keeps Us From Our Work
Today we live in an era of rampant distraction. It seems like everyday that passes we are surrounded by more and more noise.
When you're in a fog, you can't see. The reason is because within the air around you is thousands upon thousands small drops of water gently refracting the light. Fog is visual noise that inhibits our depth of vision and perspective. The noise that surrounds us on a daily basis has a similar effect - limiting our ability to see aspects of our lives and world clearly.
Amongst this noise we can find ourselves having a hard time discerning what is most important. Usually the things that are most important are also the things that we are uniquely suited to do. Our important work manifests in the places that feel personal, places where we can't hide, places like our most immediate relationships and commitments. Our most important work also tends to feel threatening because it requires the highest level of vulnerability and personal risk of failing or getting hurt.
Not all work that scares you is important.. but all your most important work will at some point scare you. Grounding yourself in that reality won't take away the fear, but it can help give you the courage necessary to boldly accept your unique path and calling.
What are the roles or activities that you can’t effectively "outsource"? What are the roles or activities where you feel most at home?
- 1. Day 1 - Your Why
- 2. Day 2 - Formula for Fullness
- 3. Day 3 - Focus Isn't Enough
- 4. Day 4 - A System of Life
- 5. Day 5 - What's On Your Table?
- 6. Day 6 - A Deeper Why
- 7. Day 7 - The Path to Simplicity
- 8. Day 8 - Embracing Honesty
- 9. Day 9 - Redefining Success
- 10. Day 10 - Doing from Home
- 11. Day 11 - Gratitude
- 12. Day 12 - Simplicity
- 13. Day 13 - Intentionality
- 14. Day 14 - Order
- 15. Day 15 - Generosity
- 16. Day 16 - Relationships
- 17. Day 17 - Reflection
- 18. Day 18 - Presence
- 19. Day 19 - Balance
- 20. Day 20 - Transcendence
- 21. Day 21 - Start, Stop, Continue
- 22. Day 22 - To Do List (Master)
- 23. Day 23 - Warren Buffett Exercise
- 24. Day 24 - Goal/Project Assessment
- 25. Day 25 - Master Timeline
- 26. Day 26 - Time Review
- 27. Day 27 - Environmental Assessment
- 28. Day 28 - Fear vs Love
- 29. Day 29 - Courage and Honesty
- 30. Day 30 - Trust the Process
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.selection_help