Day 18 - Presence
When was the last time you felt joy
—real, deep, exalting joy?
You know, the kind that bubbles up inside you and elevates everything around you. Maybe there was laughter, or maybe there was just a golden silence. Either way, you were fully present in that moment, weren’t you? The pain of the past and the anxiety of the future was far from your mind.
Peace, joy—and likewise, God—can only be found in the present moment, which is why mastering the art of being present isn’t just a tip to become better conversationalist (although it’s that, too). Being present is how you find peace and joy in your one and only precious life. It’s where the richness lives. ...read remainder of reflection here.
What percentage of your day do you spend in your life vs in your head?
- When possible - keep your phone on silent and keep your email closed. Find ways to limit any notifications that pull you away from the task or individual in front of you.
- Take a moment every time you get up or sit down to bring yourself back to the present moment. Alternatively, set a timer on your phone to go off every hour as a reminder to return back to reality as it is right in front of you.
- Take a ten minute walk once a day, preferably at the same time each day. As you walk around in quiet, notice how you feel physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Everyday find a common object and look at it from different perspectives. Think about what it’s made of, how it came to be, who created it and what its purpose is. This will spark your innate curiosity and wonder.
Doing and Being Modules
- 1. Day 1 - Your Why
- 2. Day 2 - Formula for Fullness
- 3. Day 3 - Focus Isn't Enough
- 4. Day 4 - A System of Life
- 5. Day 5 - What's On Your Table?
- 6. Day 6 - A Deeper Why
- 7. Day 7 - The Path to Simplicity
- 8. Day 8 - Embracing Honesty
- 9. Day 9 - Redefining Success
- 10. Day 10 - Doing from Home
- 11. Day 11 - Gratitude
- 12. Day 12 - Simplicity
- 13. Day 13 - Intentionality
- 14. Day 14 - Order
- 15. Day 15 - Generosity
- 16. Day 16 - Relationships
- 17. Day 17 - Reflection
- 18. Day 18 - Presence
- 19. Day 19 - Balance
- 20. Day 20 - Transcendence
- 21. Day 21 - Start, Stop, Continue
- 22. Day 22 - To Do List (Master)
- 23. Day 23 - Warren Buffett Exercise
- 24. Day 24 - Goal/Project Assessment
- 25. Day 25 - Master Timeline
- 26. Day 26 - Time Review
- 27. Day 27 - Environmental Assessment
- 28. Day 28 - Fear vs Love
- 29. Day 29 - Courage and Honesty
- 30. Day 30 - Trust the Process